Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tragic death of a Chinese women using iPhone 5 while charging

iPhone 5
An Apple employee looks over a new iPhone 5 at a Verizon Communications Inc. store in Orem, Utah, Sept. 20, 2012. (George Frey/Bloomberg/Getty Images)

A 23-years old woman, namely Ma Ailun, was electrocuted to death by iPhone 5 while attending the call during its charging last Thursday as reported by Chinese news outlet Xinhaunet.
According to the reports, Ma Ailun, bought iPhone in December last year and was charging the phone with the original charger. She was planning her wedding on August 8.
According to experts, mobile phones have a low voltage output of only 3 to 5 volts, which is not enough to harm the human body. Therefore, several other factors could also be involved in the electrocution.
"I want to warn everyone else not to make phone calls when your mobile phone is recharging," Ma's sister tweeted.

Apple is looking into the report. "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter," Apple's Beijing-based spokesperson Carolyn Wu said.
Post a Comment