Search methods are used in optimization.
In these methods, the response surfaces are examined by different methods in order to determine the combination of independent variables, so that the optimum results can be obtained. Response surface methodology is used to determine the connection between different explanatory variables (independent variables) and one or more of the response variables (dependent variables).
Following steps are followed in the search methods:
1. A system is selected
2. Independent and Dependent variables are selected
3. Experiments are performed and product is tested
4. Data is submitted (to computer) for statistical and regression analysis
5. Specifications are set for feasibility program
6. Constraints are set for grid search
7. Grid search printouts are evaluated
8. Partial derivative plots (single or composite) and contour plots are evaluated.