Cr. Hr. 02
(a) Sets and Functions: Elementary concepts of sets. Concept of Functions, Domain and Range of a Function. Different types of Functions. Graphical representation of a function. Some applications of Functions.
(b) Solution of Linear and Quadratic Equations. Equations reducible to Quadratic Form. Solution of simultaneous Equations.
(c) Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progressions. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Means.
(d) Permutations and combinations.
(e) Binomial Theorem: Simple application.
2. TRIGONOMETRY: Measurement of Angles in Radian and degrees. Definitions of circular functions. Derivation of circular function for simple cases.
3. ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY: Coordinates on point in a plane. Distance between two points in a plane. Locus, Equations of straight line, Equation of Parabola, Circle and Ellips.
4. DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS: Concept of Derivations. Rules of Differentiation. Examples on the evaluation of Derivations. Derivatives of Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Partial Derivations. Higher Order Derivatives. Maxima & Minima points of Inflections.
5. INTEGRAL CALCULUS: Concept of Integration. Rules of Integrations. Integrations of Algebric and Trignomatric functions by using different techniques.
1. C H Edvards Jr and David E Penney, Calculus and Analytic Geometry, Prentice-Hall, Inc, A division of Sinon & Schustor Englewood Gliffs, New Jersey 07632, USA, 1995.
2. Ahmed B and Khan M, Mathmactics for Pharmacists, Arsalan Paper Mart, Multan, 1993.