Cr. Hr. 03
1. Introduction: Anatomical Terminology: Definition. Cell, tissue, organ system.
2. Cardiovascular System:
(a) Heart: Structure of Heart, Location of Heart, Blood Supply to Heart.
(c) Blood Vessels: Main blood vessels arising & entering the heart. Types of blood vessels with examples.
3. Respiratory System: Name and structures of different parts of respiratory system and their inter-relationship.
4. Elementary System: Name and structure of different parts of elementary system and their inter-relationship.
5. Urinary System: Name and structure of organs of urinarysystem and their inter-relationship.
6. Reproductive System: Male ande Female reproductive systems. Name, structure and association of the organs.
7. Endocrine System:
(a) Pituitary gland, structure and relation to hypothalamus.
(b) Thyroid gland, structure.
(c) Adrenal gland, structure.
8. Nervous System:
Introduction: Cells of Nervous System (Neuron), Accessory cells of NS Organisation of Nervous System:
(a) Central Nervous System: Brain — Meninges (Cerebrum — cerebral Lobes, Ventricals, Cerebellum — Anatomy of Cerebellum, Brain Stem — Mid-Brain, Pons, Medulla Oblongata, Diencephalon, Thalamus, Hypothelamus, Cranial Nerves, Spinal Cord — Meninges. CSF Internal Structure. Sensory and Motor Pathway. Spinal Reflexes.
Peripheral Spinal Nerves.
(b) Autonomic Nervous System: Sympathetic Nervous System and Parasympathetic Nervous System.
1. Romanes, G J, Cunningham’s Manual of Practical Anatomy. Humphary Kalfom, Oxford, Oxford University Press, London, 3 volumes, 1996.
2. Gray’s Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied. Longman’s Green and Co,
3. J G Romanes, London, Cunningham’s Textbook of Anatomy. Oxford University Press, 1996.
4. Snell, R.S. Clinical Anatomy, Boston, Little, Brown and Company, 1996.
5. Keith L More and TVN Persaud, Philadelphia, Clinically Oriented Human Anatomy. W B Saunders, 1996.
6. B Grant, A Method of Anatomy, Bailliere Tinal and Co, Ltd, London.
7. W J Hamilton, A textbook of Anatomy, Macmillan and Co, London.
8. R J Last, Anatomy, Regional and Applied, J and A Churchill Ltd,