Cr. Hr. 03
1. SCOPE OF PATHOLOGY and; CONCEPT OF DISEASES:
2. DEFINITION AND TERMINOLOGY: Ischemia, Hypoxia, Necrosis, Infarction, Atrophy, Hypertrophy, Hyperplasia, Metaplasia, Aplasia, Anaplasia.
3. RESPONSE OF BODY TO INJURY AND INFECTION: Acuate inflammation, Chronic inflammation, Immunity, Allergy, Hyper Sensitivity.
4. SPECIFIC: Ulcer (Peptic, Doudenal), Hypertension, Leukemia or Blood Cancer (Malignant Carcinoma, Sarcoma & Lymphomas), Diagnosis and treatment of Cancer in general, fate, survival and prognosis with tumors.
Cr. Hr. 01
Study of Pathological Slides of various Pathological Conditions
Acute inflammation, Chronic inflammation, Chronic specific inflammation, Different types of Degeneration, Thrombosis, Embolism, Infarction, Necrosis, Gangrene, Hyperplasia, Metaplasia, Pigmentation, Calcification, CVC, Papilloma, Adenoma, Chondroma, Fibroma, Leomyoma, Neofibroma, Sq. Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Transitional Cell Carcinoma, Adenocarcinoma, Fibrocarcinoma, Rhadomyosarcoma, Leomyosarcoma, Lymphosarcoma, Liposarcoma, Reticular Cell Sarcoma, Hodgkins disease, Breast Carcinoma, Osteogenic Sarcoma, Osteoclastoma.
Examiantion of different body fluids in various Pathological Conditions
Urine complete Examination, stool Examination, Blood Complete Examination, Semen Examination, Cerebrospinal Fluid Examination, Pericardial fluid examination, Pleural Fluid Examination, Ascitic Fluid Examination, Blood Sugar, Blood Urea, Blood Choleterol etc.
Tests for various Specimens of Clinical Importance
Techniques of Clinical Blood Examination for various disases, Gastric Analysis, Tests for liver function test, Renal function test, Tests for endocrine abnormalities, Biopsies and cytologic techniques.
1. Kumar Cotran Robins, Basic Pathology, 6th Ed., W B Saunders Company, Philadelphia (1992).
2. Walters and Israel, General Pathology, Churchill Livingstone, London (1998).
3. Peter S Macfarlane, Robin Reid, Robin Collander, Pathology Illustrated, Churchill Livingstone, London (1998).
4. Robbins Pathology, W B Saunders Co, London, 2nd Ed., 1962.
5. Walter G B, General Pathology, Churchill Livingstone, New York, 1996.